Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Importance of a Tree in Environmental Life


I arrived at the MCTE campus around 8 pm on 22 June 2012. I took a walk around the campus. I came across a very special tree. It is Baobab tree, which is at the One Tree Hill. I am told this tree, popularly called as five fingers, is over 200 years old and sits on the highest point of Mhow (Indore). I was thinking, this tree has been giving life for 2 centuries to so many humans, animals and birds. In 200 years it would have given over 3000 kg of life giving oxygen to us. It would have been a protector and abode to thousands and thousands of birds. It would have given shelter from hot sun and rain to countless animals and humans. The 200 year old smiling tree has a message for all,  “Giving brings happiness to us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...